From real-time visibility to automation and machine learning
What is a Supply Chain Control Tower?
Capgemini offers a good, broad definition for supply chain control towers: “A supply chain control tower is a central hub with the required technology, organization, and processes to capture and use supply chain data to provide enhanced visibility for short and long term decision-making that is aligned with strategic objectives.” (Source: Capgemini Consulting)
However, until recently, supply chain control towers have been all about providing visibility to your immediate trading partners. But with the development of multi-party, consumer-driven networks, advanced control towers now provide real-time visibility, collaboration and powerful AI capabilities to move beyond decision-support to decision-making and autonomous control. Intelligent control towers are helping orchestrate entire value networks to run smarter and faster and delivering bigger benefits for all trading partners. Watch the video Inside Control Tower 4.0 for an explanation of of the evolution of supply chain control towers and what they offer.
“One Network’s Real Time Value Network is unmatched among other control tower solutions.” Seth Lippincott, Nucleus Research
Key Benefits of Control Towers
Key Capabilities of Control Towers
Control towers offer considerable benefits and capabilities, from end-to-end visibility to advanced automation. Here are some of the key capabilities to look for in a control tower solution:
- End-to-end Visibility – visibility across supply chain partners, including suppliers, contract manufacturers, transportation carriers, third-party logistics
- Collaborative information sharing – share information and collaborate in real-time
- Early warning alerts and exception management – resolve supply chain disruptions before they disrupt your business
- Predictive and prescriptive decision-support – using predictive and prescriptive analytics
- Autonomous decision-making and control – take the robot out of the human and boost productivity
- Cognitive – the self-correcting supply chain with decision-making and machine learning
Learn more about supply chain control towers with the resources below.
Resources on Supply Chain Control Towers
Learn more about control towers at All About Supply Chain Control Towers, a brief guide to supply chain control towers, including: