||Senior Oracle Database Administrator
||One Network Enterprises seeks a Senior Oracle Database Administrator in Dallas, TX.
Responsible for maintaining high availability of all Oracle RDBMS instances, striving to provide 100% accessibility for clients as well as internal resources. Primary focus is on ensuring production data security, integrity, and performance through user auditing, a proven backup and recovery strategy, and proactive performance processes while remaining closely involved with all database changes for subsequent software releases.
- Deploying, upgrading, and managing Oracle databases in production, development, and testing environments.
- Maintain database operations & high availability issues. Daily monitoring of Database and System resources, including disk space, tablespace and extent growth, memory usage, and overall database performance.
- Understand the idiosyncrasies of exchange of information between various versions of Oracle. Design and maintain Backup and Recovery architecture, using central RMAN repository for 8i and 9i Oracle instances Implement security features for auditing database user activity to ensure all actions are recorded and users are accountable
- Ensure all daily logical and physical backups are successful, including full exports, schema exports, and RMAN hot/cold backups.
- Analyze requirements from developers and architects for data loads/migrations, and build PL/SQL procedures to satisfy requests.
- Build new databases and clone existing databases for specific functions, including disaster recovery, reporting, critical issue testing and resolution, and performance testing.
- Monitoring statspack reports for poor performance in all environments, including application and reporting specific queries, in order to effectively tune SQL statements.
- Plan and coordinate database activities for scheduled monthly maintenance weekends.
- Mentor team members on DBA tasks and new technologies. Manage the database portion of application releases.
- Manage Metalink.
- Participate in cross-training and knowledge transfer with team members.
- Documentation and research of new technologies that are related to current and future team goals.
- Requires Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Supply Chain or related field plus 5 years of experience.
- Must have 2 years of experience with ASM.
- Requires any amount of experience with the following: experience installing and managing high availability production oracle database instances supporting OLTP applications; SQL and PL/SQL development, including Triggers, Packages, Procedures, and Functions; Unix vi and shell scripting; Oracle V 9i and 10g, 12c, Development DBA experience, Physical DBA experience, DataGuard, RAC, Linux, Oracle 11g
- Experience performing database reorganizations and archiving, Oracle readonly replication, and materialized views, implementing disaster recovery solutions (i.e. RAC, standby databases, etc.)
- Requires willingness to participate in weekly on-call rotation for this position in order to maintain 7×24 coverage.
Must also have authority to work permanently in the U.S. Applicants who are interested in this position may apply at www.jobpostingtoday.com Job ID: 60002 for consideration.